A Vital Link To The Community
With more than 44,000 students and 5,300 employees, the operations, achievements and aspirations of the Manatee School District are of great interest to the citizens of Manatee County and beyond. The districtīs Community and Press Relations Department acts as a vital and vibrant informational link between the school system and area residents by working with local, regional and national media to disseminate comprehensive and accurate information about the school district and by processing public information and records requests.
In addition, the Community and Press Relations Department encourages and fosters school district involvement in community activities and events and provides an avenue for individuals, businesses and community organizations to get involved in public education through volunteering, mentoring or business partnerships.
If you have a question about the Manatee School District, please click on 'Public Records' on the left side of this page for our contact information.
Community & Press Relations “Fast Facts”
- Community & Press Relations (CPR) is responsible for increasing the community awareness of school district happenings. The department accomplishes this in a number of ways by developing and disseminating conventional press releases, weekly editions of "News Shorts", web stories, streaming videos, the use of social media and a variety of other communications get the word out about the great things happening in our school district.
- On a daily basis CPR works with local, regional and national media partners to provide accurate information and assist them with news stories. In a typical year the department responds to more than 1,500 media inquiries and as many as 500 requests for information. CPR has been recognized by local media for its exemplary record of providing prompt turnaround of public records.
- Community and Press Relations coordinates the school districtīs website which provides a complete portal to the public for information on Manatee County Schools: www.manateeschools.net
- The departmentīs Community Involvement division coordinates more than 400 school-based business partnerships in conjunction with the Manatee Chamber of Commerce. These valuable partners work with directly with the schools to enhance the educational opportunities of our students. As well, district-linked partnerships that touch all schools are also fostered through this division of CPR.
- The Florida Department Of Education Bureau of Community Outreach Recognition Programs that are coordinated by the Community Involvement division of Community & Press Relations include: Outstanding Volunteer Of The Year, Parent Involvement Award, Commissioners Business Recognition Awards, Golden & Silver School Award and Five Star School Award. LINK TO OUTREACH PROGRAMS BROCHURE.
- The department recently won 3 First Place Sunshine State Schools Public Relations Association (SUNSPRA) state awards for its communications efforts including the EdVantage Campaign, "Be There Tomorrow" Seatbelt Safety Campaign and the Biodiesel Fuel Introduction.
- CPR produces and disseminates THE EDUCATOR, a printed and electronic publication geared toward the districtīs 7,000 staff members.
- A number of community events are coordinated through the CPR department including the districtīs involvement in the Childrenīs Summit, High School Academy Showcase, Crimestoppers Safe Halloween Night, Manatee County High School Theatre Festival , Academic Signing Day and Leadership Manateeīs Education Day.