Approval of Purchase(s) Bids Over $100,000.00 - Continued
Approved of Renewal (1) of the use of the School Board of Pinellas County Invitation for Bid on Audio Visual and Video Equipment, to various suppliers, as required, for the period of January 27, 2004 through December 31, 2004, not to exceed $150,000.00. (Original contract was approved on February 24, 2003.)
Approval of Purchase(s) of Food Service Processing for Commodity Beef, MCSD No. 04-0076-SS
Approved the fees for Food Processing-USDA Commodity Beef for the Food Service Program through June 30, 2004. J.T.M. School Food Service is the processing firm. The expenditure for these purchases will be $126,000.00. These expenditures have been charged to Food Service Inventory/Commodity and Food Services Operation.
Contracts and Grants
1. Approved the Interagency Agreement between Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Sun Coast, Inc., and the School Board of Manatee County to provide a mechanism for the agency to mentor students at schools with parent and school administrator approval and to finalize record keeping to be consistent with the documents needed by the state. There is no fiscal impact. (Copy of Agreement can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
2. Approved Virgil Mills Elementary School - Drainage Easement. The scope of work is a 20 foot wide drainage easement provided to the benefit of Manatee County. (Copy of Easement can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
3. Approved Virgil Mills Elementary School - Right-of-Way Easement - Utilities. The scope of work is a 10 foot wide easement provided to the benefit of Peace River Electric Cooperative, Inc. (Copy of Easement can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
4. Approved Virgil Mills Elementary School - Utility Easement. The easement is to accommodate a lift station provided to the benefit of Manatee County. (Copy of Easement can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
5. Approved to contract with Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD) to provide Understanding By Design training at Lincoln Middle Magnet School and Daughtrey Preparatory School of Arts and Sciences during the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 school years. Contracted services with ASCD not to exceed $40,000.00 during the 2003-2004 and 2004-2005 school years.
6. Approved to contract with Transformation Systems, Ltd., to provide leadership development training during March, April and May 2004 to School Board Members, District and School Based Administrators and a Teacher Representative from each school. Contracted services will not exceed $85,500.00 during the remainder of the 2003-2004 school year.
7. Approval to Apply for a Renewal of the State Voluntary Public School Choice Grant (Mentor District Project) for the Project Year 2004 - WITHDRAWN FROM AGENDA
8. Approved of the agreement for student clinical experience at Senior Friendship Centers, Inc., for students at Manatee Technical Institute (MTI) East - January 26, 2004 through June 30, 2004. There is no cost to the school system for this clinical experience in dental facilities over and above the insurance policies we already have in effect that cover our nursing students, paramedic students, etc.
9. Approved to accept and expend the Title I, Part A, Basic Targeted Assistance and Schoolwide grant funds (Project #4354) in the amount of $6,160,072.56 for the 2003-2004 school year. There are no matching requirements.
1. Educational Plant Survey - 2004 - WITHDRAWN FROM AGENDA
2. Approved Florine J. Abel Elementary School and H.S. Moody Elementary School Renovations - Phase II and Phase III Plans - Construction Documents. There is no fiscal impact for these Plans. The budget for this project is $14,236,881.00. The Architect/Engineer is Holmes Hepner & Associate Architects, Inc.; the Construction Manager is HCBeck, Ltd.
3. Approved Florine J. Abel Elementary School and H. S. Moody Elementary School Renovations - Third Letter of Commitment from Construction Manager. There is no fiscal impact. The budget for this project is $14,236,881.00. The Architect/Engineer is Holmes Hepner & Associates Architects, Inc.; the Construction Manager is HCBeck, Ltd.
4. Approved Braden River High School (High School 'AAA') - Change Orders 3 and 4. Fiscal impact is a deduction of $1,595,701.43 to the previous $36,780.362.00 Guaranteed Maximum Price. The Construction Manager is W.G. Mills, Inc.; the Architect/Engineer is Schenkel & Shultz, Inc.
5. Approved Palmetto High School Classroom Wing Addition - Change Orders 1 and 2. Fiscal impact is a deduction of $161,401.74 to the previous $3,052, 921.00 Guaranteed Maximum Price. The Construction Manager is NDC Construction Company; the Architect/Engineer is GLECBB Architects, Inc.