Contracts and Grants - Continued
5. Approved of Braden River High School (High School "AAA") - Amendment 6 - Agreement Between Owner and Architect/Engineer (SchenkelShultz, Inc.). Amendment 6 includes design services required to complete the off-site roadway improvement as required by Manatee County and the Florida Department of Transportation for Braden River High School. The fee for the additional services for the project is $13,080.00, which is including the total project budget of $45,996,516.00.
6. Approved of certifying a valid public emergency and approve of Lakewood Ranch High School - Ninth Grade Center - Agreement Between Owner and Architect/Engineer (Harvard Jolly, Inc.). The Architect/Engineer fee for the project is $112,700.00, which is included in the total project budget of $1,685,000.00. The Finance Department will provide the funding source.
7. Approval of Lakewood Ranch High School - Ninth Grade Center - Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager - THIS ITEM WAS WITHDRAWN AND PLACED UNDER NEW BUSINESS "D" FOR THE PURPOSE OF DISCUSSION
8. Approved of Lakewood Ranch High School - Ninth Grade Center - Amendment 1 - Agreement Between Owner and Construction Manager (Willis A. Smith Construction, Inc.)- Partial Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP). The Partial GMP for the project, including this amendment, is $304,000.00, which is included in the total project budget of $1,685,000.00. The Finance Department will provide the funding source.
9. Approved of Lincoln Park - Resolution to Surplus Land. The Resolution entails the transfer of land (.91 acre parcel, located at 525 17th Street East, Palmetto) to the City of Palmetto for use as part of Lincoln Park. (Copy of Resolution #04-03 can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
10. Approved of Virgil Mills Elementary School - Right-of-Way Easement - Peace River Electric. The scope of work is a 20 foot wide easement provided to the benefit of Peace River Electric Cooperative, Inc. It will allow them to access the site, install and maintain power lines at their convenience. (Copy of Easement can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
11. Approved of agreement between the School Board of Manatee County and James A Morrish, Jr., DDS, for clinical experience for students in health occupation fields at Manatee Technical Institute (MTI) for the 2003-2004 school year. There is no cost for this clinical experience over and above the insurance policies the district already has in effect that cover our nursing students, paramedic students, etc.
12. Approved of an additional 2003 Value Adjustment Board Special Master Contract with D. P. "Rick" Wood. There is no change in the fiscal impact that is not to exceed $4,000.00, which is two-fifths of the total amount. (Copy of contract can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
13. Approved of correction to expenditure timelines for the Smaller Learning Communities Planning Grant for 2003-2004. At the time the district applied for the grant, it was reported to the Board that the timeline was August 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004. However, the grants award notification from the U.S. Department of Education in Washington, D.C. stated that the budget period for the grant is September 1, 2003 through August 31, 2004. (Original Grant approved on October 20, 2003.)
14. Approved of the Manatee County Community Development Block Grant, Public Service Grant Application, for fiscal year 2004-2005. If fully funded, the grant will provide up to $153,802.00 in additional revenue, which will be used to fund the operating costs of expanded services, including salaries and benefits for additional staff, participant work experience, allowances and childcare, travel and normal operating expenses. The center will will operate out of an existing building on the Manatee Technical Institute main campus, where the Farmworker program will move in order to expand its operations. The timeline for this grant is October 1, 2004, through September 30, 2005.
15. Approved of budget amendment for Secondary Perkins Roll Forward Funds and approved to accept and expend. This amendment will increase the Secondary Perkins grant by $18,265.00 for the 2003-2004 school year.
16. Approved of budget amendment for Postsecondary Perkins Roll Forward Funds and approved to accept and expend. This amendment will increase the Postsecondary Perkins grant by $7,783.00 for the 2003-2004 school year.
17. Approved of the Perkins Postsecondary grant proposal for the 2004-2005 school year. The grant will bring the district $149,603.00 for the school year to supplement state and local funding for postsecondary career and technical education. Funds must be expended by June 30, 2005.
18. Approved to submit the 2004-2005 Tech Prep Grant. The grant will bring the district $125,417.00 for the 2004-2005 fiscal year to supplement state and local funding for supporting the Tech Prep initiative in Manatee and Sarasota Counties and Manatee Community College. The funds must be expended by June 30, 2005.