CONSENT ITEMS - (CONTINUED)
Approval of Purchase(s) Bids Over $100,000.00 - (CONTINUED)
Contracts and Grants - (CONTINUED)
60. Approved for Daughtrey Preparatory School for the Arts and Sciences to apply for the Target Stores 2004 Community Giving Program Grant, effective September 30, 2004 through May 25, 2005. Daughtrey will receive up to $3,667.92 if the grant is funded.
61. Approved of Amendment #1, a no-cost extension for the Homeless Children and Youth grant funds for Project H.E.A.R.T. (Homeless Education and Resource Team) for the 2003-2004 school year. The district will receive no increase or decrease in funds for the Homeless Children and Youth grant funds, Project number 4094. There are no matching requirements. (The grant application was approved on October 20, 2003; the Project Award Notification was approved on February 9, 2004.)
1. Approved of Matzke Warehouse Dehumidification - Substantial Completion. The construction manager is NDC Construction Company and the architect/engineer is Mashayekhi Consultants, Inc.
2. Approved of Southeast High School - Land Lab (Agri-Storage) Building - Substantial Completion. The construction manager is Willis A. Smith Construction, Inc. and the architect/engineer is Barger + Dean Architects, Inc.
1. Approved of Final Order for Student Expulsion April 26, 2004.
1. Approved of the Monthly Financial Statements for April 2004.
2. Approved of the budget amendments for April 2004.
3. Approved of Write-Off of Non-Sufficient Fund Checks - April 2004. The total amount of the checks to be written off is $379.00. The revenue for schools internal accounts will be reduced by $215.00 and $164.00 for food service. (List of NSF Fund Checks may be found in the Supplemental Minutes.)
4. Approved to accept donation of two high end speakers to the Technology Education Class at Lakewood Ranch High School. The speakers were donated by Edward Leddy. The value of the speakers is approximately $200.00.
1 - 6. Approved Human Resources List and Addendums, copies of which can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.
7. Approved of Job Descriptions: Specialist, Property Records; Manager, Finance; Manager, Payroll; Manager, Accounting; Specialist, Food Service. The changes in these job descriptions primarily involve reporting relationships that resulted from the restructuring.
8. Approved of Modifications of Existing Job Descriptions: Specialist, Program (Choice); Evaluator, Special Projects; Supervisor, Data Measurement and Support; Coordinator, Research and Evaluation. These are existing job descriptions that are modified slightly to reflect new reporting procedures.
9. Approved of the job description for a Smaller Learning Communities Coordinator. If the Smaller Learning Communities Implementation Grant is awarded, it will be necessary to hire a Coordinator. This is an 11-month, SAMP position at level C-5 with a salary range of $31,704.00 to $50,322.00. Salary and benefits for this position will be paid through the grant funds if awarded.
A listing of Leaves was presented to the Board for its information.
1. Dave Miner - spoke regarding the contract of a firm hired by the district for legislative lobbying expertise.
2. Raphael Allen (member of Manatee County Community Action Team) -provided solutions to a situation he suggested is “separate but equal” - segregated schools.
3. Rebecca Sears - requested to appeal the decision made regarding her son's zoned school.