Approval of Purchase(s) Bids Under $100,000.00 - (Continued)
1. Approved of Revised Educational Plant Survey - 2004. The total project budget for the revised Educational Plant Survey is $6,000.00. All work is being completed within budget.
2. Approved of Lakewood Ranch High School - Ninth Grade Center - Phase III Plans - Construction Documents. There is no fiscal impact for Phase III Plans - Construction Documents. The budget for this project is $1,650,000.00.
3. Approved of R. Dan Nolan Middle School (Middle School “AA”) - Substantial Completion. The Construction Manager is Centex Rooney Construction Company, Inc., and the Architect / Engineer is Fawley Bryant Architects, Inc.
1. Approved of write off Non-Sufficient Fund checks - June 2004, as presented by staff. The total amount of the checks to be written off is $3,379.99. The revenue for schools internal accounts will be reduced by $3,116.24 and $263.75 for food service. (Copy of NSF List can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
1-5. Approved the Personnel List and Addendums, copies of which can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book,
1. Accepted the Annual Report on the district's internal accounts and other reviews and audits as presented. (Copy of reports and other reviews and audits can be found in the Internal Audit office.)
2. Approved of Reading Endorsement In-service Add-on Certification Program for an estimated cost of $20,000.00 for the first year. Courses will be provided via Staff Development and have been budgeted for with categorical funds.
3. Approved of revisions to the Performance Pay Plan for School-Based Administrators. The fiscal impact will not exceed the amount set aside as required by statute for this purpose. (Copy of revisions can be found in the Supplemental Minute Book.)
1. Starloe Galletta - expressed concern about the hiring process on the Personnel Application Tracking System (PATS).
2. Dave Miner - suggested that the Board may have sent the wrong message to the Community by denying his public comments at the last business meeting. He also suggested reading for the Board of the book titled “Lost Son”.
3. Raphael Allen - (Manatee County Community Action Team) - expressed concern about the number of years our children are being bussed. He also advocated for a school in the central corridor.
Nutrition and Child Obesity - said we need to find a way to address nutrition and child obesity in our schools.
Dr. William Daggat - would like to receive information regarding Dr. Daggat's speaking engagement on August 4.
Flags in Schools - said that by August 2005 a flag should be in every classroom. He suggested the solicitation of donations from the community to make sure every classroom has an American Flag (2'x 3' size and made in the USA).
Immunizations - announced that immunizations are required for students entering Kindergarten and 7th Grade. She also said that public service announcements on immunizations will be televised on Channel 9.
Dr. Dearing - praised the Superintendent's community involvement in a summer work program for students.
Back-to-School Bash - announced the bash will be held on July 31, 2004 at 4:00 p.m. at the Anna Gayle Resource Center, located at 2112 3rd Avenue East, Palmetto.
Summer Graduation - commended Dr. Dearing and staff for scheduling the Summer Graduation without other event conflicts.
Tutoring - thanked Dr. Dearing for providing free tutoring for the children in Manatee County.
“Spirit Within” - introduced the book, which was written by children, grades 2 through 6. She said she would like this book to be considered for our media centers.
Personnel Application Tracking System - has concerns regarding the process involved in hiring and interviewing employees.