Reading Comprehension Sheet #8: Neptune
Directions: Use the information from the
reading sheet to answer the questions below:
1. Because Neptune’s atmosphere is mainly
A. it is very cold there.
B. the planet looks blue.
C. it is an outer planet.
2. Neptune is like Uranus in these ways:
A. They are the same distance from the sun and are inner planets.
B. They are outer planets and have the same diameter.
C. They have an atmosphere made up of methane gas, and each planet’s day is about 17 hours long.
3. How is Neptune like Jupiter?
A. Both planets have a visible “great spot.”
B. Both planets are inner planets.
C. They are the same size.
4. How are Jupiter and Neptune different?
A. They spin in opposite directions.
B. The spot on Jupiter is a storm, but Neptune’s spot
is thought to be a hole in its atmosphere.
C. Jupiter is red, but Neptune is green.
5. Why does the moon, Triton, appear bigger than Neptune in the picture?
A. The camera was closer to Triton when the photo was taken.
B. The camera was closer to Neptune when the photo was taken.
C. Triton is bigger than Neptune.