Mini-Mustang VPK Program
At Lakewood Ranch High School
Come be a part of our wonderful VPK program at Lakewood Ranch High School (LRHS)! Classes are held at LRHS in a secure and locked classroom. Class time is from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm daily. We do offer before and aftercare from 9am to 3pm daily including Wednesdays.
We are lucky to have students from the Early Childhood Education (ECE) program working with our VPK program. The high school students from the ECE program are exceptional students who are interested in early childhood education. Many go on to become future teachers. ECE is a 4-year program offered here at LRHS. Students spend the first year learning about our program, early childhood education and becoming CPR certified. The second year they are able to start working with our VPK students teaching centers. Third year ECE students become student interns in our classroom and take an active role in daily teaching. Fourth year ECE students plan and teach whole group lessons in our VPK class and work in the three-year old class as lead teachers.
Our program is a valued part of Lakewood Ranch HS and offers many perks and advantages to your average VPK program.
Some of these include:
· One to one student to student teacher ratio
· Daily learning centers focusing on Reading/Phonics, Math, and Science
· Large classroom with private playground
· Weekly library visit with book checkout
· Specials including: Music, Technology, Art, P.E., Science, Drama, etc.
· High School involvement through sports, clubs, and core and elective classrooms
· Spirit Week Activities during Homecoming Week
· Field trips
· Guest speakers and events
· Our own garden