|Mini-Mustangs Three-Year Old Class|
This is our second year for this class and it has been a great success! This program is offered by the ECE (Early Childhood Education) program under the supervision of Elaine Bowling, ECE Teacher here at Lakewood Ranch High School.
This is a class for 3 and 4-year olds that did not make the VPK cutoff for the current year. It is located in the same building as the Mini-Mustang VPK class. This class has lead teacher, Stacey McKeon, along with the third and fourth year ECE students.
Program Days & Hours: We offer class 4 days a week from 9 am till 12:00 pm daily. Class is offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. We do not have class on Wednesday. You can sign up for all 4 days or for 2 days per week (M/F or T/TH).
Program Cost: $10 per day, per child
Program Location: Lakewood Ranch High School Building 6
Program Ages: 3and 4 year-olds
Ratio: 1 lead teacher with 2 to 4 Student Teachers (ECE Students) to 11 children.
What to Bring: A daily snack with drink and change of clothes. We do allow children who are not potty trained completely.
· Guided Free Play - With engaging activities focusing on social skills, fine motor skills and creative play.
· Circle Time – Here we learn about the calendar including today’s date, days of the week, months of the year and the weather. We also work on our letters, numbers, during this time through various fun and engaging activities.
· Outdoor Play – We have our own secure playground with lots of fun activities to focus on motor development.
· Snack – This is provided from home daily.
· Centers – This is lead by the ECE student teachers and focuses on the weekly theme and letter to include various activities. Students are broken into small groups and get one-one attention to help build and reinforce skills.